Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

IVF

My daughter has had cancer 3 times from age 14. No option to freeze eggs. Menopause at 18. She’s now been told she will not qualify for funded IVF as her partner has a child from a previous relationship. We’re trying to fundraise. How can this be fair????

Comments

• Hi MummaHibbs,

My name is Dan and I am one of the Community Champions here at Anthony Nolan - I had my transplant to cure Leukaemia in 2020.

I am so sorry to hear about everything you and your daughter are going through. It sounds like an incredibly difficult situation - I know personally that the IVF rules on the NHS are very restrictive unfortunately and it can be very expensive to do privately.

If there is anything that we as a wider community can do to help then please let us know, but our hearts are all with you in such a tough time.

Dan

• Hi Mummahibs,

I am Liam, the Patients and Families Manager here at Anthony Nolan. I echo what Dan has said here, I am so sorry to hear of what you and your daughter are going through.

I think I would suggest contacting your local MP, but before doing that would you like to speak with our Patient and Public Affairs team as I am sure they would be very happy to support you through that process and may have further ideas to support you right now.

If you can let me know if you would like to do that, I will direct message you and request your contact details to share with them.

All the best
    Liam